Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Getting off on a Rant : 3D, This Rant is in 3D....Not.

Okay, I have been wanting to get this out of my system for about a little over a year now. I can assume that I will get a lot of negative flack for this from people that don't quite grasp my point, But I accept that I am at home with that feeling. Partly because it is nothing new to me, I tend to attract the weird people that like to argue there point and never admit they are wrong.

Any ways 3D, what can I say about 3D that hasn't already been said? Not a lot but I can give my own perspective on said Fad. For starters, I am one of the vast minority that likes Story over the actual Visual effects. I prefer a well written story that the visuals can back up, but about 95% of all 3D movies are horribly written, If you gave me some time and a team of my friends who are writers we could probably write a better movie that the computer Generated stuff would go well with. Top of my List for this Avatar, I know a lot of you have pointed out the similarity to other movies/Stories and you tell me "O All movies are ripped off of others stories" And that is true, I am not gong to lie and say it's not true. Having said that thought you also have to consider that Avatar dose it 10 Times worse than any other movie, So when I was watching it in 2D (thank god for that mercy) I honestly couldn't fathom seeing it in 3D. 

My dad Pointed this out to me, Every few decades 3D comes back. And I agree it is true 3D is the movie Equivalent of Herpes it just keeps coming back, there is a brief remision and it seems like it's finally gone away but then BAM Back with a vengeance, And there is no current relief in sight of this bull shit.
James Cameron seems to be at the top of this one, By not only making Avatar in 3D, but also saying for the 100th Anniversry of the Titanic Sinking next Year that they will be Re-releasing Titanic in 3D.....Let that sink in for a moment, Do we really need that?

James Cameron isn't the only one bastardizing is old flicks by re-releasing them in 3D George Lucas is joining in the party by Re-releasing all of the Star Wars Movies in 3D, Great so I have the chance of seeing the Shitty Prequel Trilogy in 3D as well as the shitty edited version of 4 - 6  thanks George, you really are doing us a solid on that one.

 I am left sitting here wondering "When will this Die and let me enjoy movies again?" Because I don't enjoy 3D movies, Most of the time the Writing and Acting is so bad they try to mask it over with 3D to make it "Better" and also make a bigger profit off of it because its an extra 3 Dollars for the "right to have 3D" Well what about us  who don't like 3D eh? we're right screwed because we have to look for a theater that has the movie in 2D which is harder than you would think.

Well I have had a good rant and now it's time for me to go back into the dark areas of the Internet where I can find something new that pisses me off. 
Till Next Time Cya in cyber space.

PS: Maybe I should do this every Tuesday, This is the 2nd time I have made A Rant in the course of 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment